We have the capability to act as the client’s health and safety advisor if required. Anyone having construction or building work carried out has legal duties under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015).
We provide Principal Designer services, alongside our architectural design services, on your project. A Principal Designer monitors, reviews and aims to eliminate health and safety risks during the design phase, and / or during the construction of a project. This service includes:
- Advise and assist the client to help them comply with their duties, including the appointment of competent designers and contractors.
- Advise the client of surveys required and the risks that can be encountered.
- Ensure that adequate arrangements are in place for managing the project.
- Provide relevant health and safety information to the designers as it becomes available.
- Identify and collate pre-construction, and construction information.
- Coordinate the design work, planning and other preparation for construction, where relevant to health and safety.